Thursday, March 24, 2016

Another "Blood Moon" Total Lunar Eclipse Took Place Last Night for Purim (Video Post)

Lance Wallnau image from Youtube
Another "Blood Moon" total lunar eclipse took place last night. We are currently in the midst of the Jewish holy days of Purim. (Tweet that!)

It looks like the total lunar eclipse was visible mostly over Europe and Africa, not here in the United States.

I've been watching the beautiful full moon the last few days and thinking of the four eclipses the last two years, but this eclipse was news to me. (Tweet that!) A friend sent me this video. It's from Lance Wallnau, whom I had not heard of before, but you can bet I'll be looking into him.

This video runs about 23 minutes. (Warning and disclaimer: about the last 3 minutes are advertising for his training and trips. I'm not endorsing that.)

Purim is the remembrance and celebration of how God saved the Jewish people from the evil plot of Haman told in the Bible's book of Esther. Purim is not one of the 7 Feasts of the LORD (which my newest e-book teaches about) which were instituted in the time of Moses, but is an additional holiday instituted in the time of Esther and Mordecai (much like Hanukkah was given in the "time between the Testaments" during the time of the Maccabees.)

Here is a new site I found with information on coming lunar eclipses:

My thanks to Angela for alerting me to this "Blood Moon" total lunar eclipse on Purim and sending the video!!

(Update 6/10/20: Video no longer available.)

No comments:

Post a Comment