Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Invite Your Neighbors to View the Coming Blood Moon Event

Morguefile.com
The second lunar eclipse in the current tetrad is only one week away. Why not invite your neighbors to join you to view this history-in-the-making event? (Tweet that!)

I've already invited a neighbor, and she not only said yes she'd join me outside early the morning of October 8 to watch it, she's excited about it! I'm planning to invite more neighbors to join us. If you're interested, why not do the same and make neighborhood event out of it? (Tweet that!)

It will be a time for you to share what you have learned about this important, historic event which is occurring on the 7th annual Feast of the LORD, which is the Feast of Tabernacles.

Others may see you gathered in the middle of the night, wonder what you're doing, and ask questions. You'll then have an opportunity to engage with your neighbors to discuss what's happening, why it's spiritually important, and will be able to answer their questions and discuss with them the history we are seeing play out before our eyes.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. "But I don't know enough about all this. You can bet they will ask me questions. How am I going to explain all the spiritual significance to everyone?"

Problem solved: I've made a handy PDF tri-fold brochure handout with the basic information that you can download and print right now. (Tweet that!)


If you are a Christian and would like to start a conversation about spiritual matters with your neighbors, friends, or family members, this is a great, unique way to witness to your friends and neighbors. (Tweet that!) Print out my handout and you'll be equipped with facts, dates of the lunar eclipses, information on the Feasts of the LORD, Scripture verses, and more help to assist you. Or you can simply print copies to give to your friends and neighbors.

Want an invitation to spread around your neighborhood? Here's some suggested text for an invitation. You can get information for your location to fill in the blanks online at sites like TimeAndDate.com: Oct 8, 2014 Total Lunar Eclipse.

YOU'RE INVITED! 

In the early morning hours of Wednesday, October 8th, there will be a total lunar eclipse. I'm so excited about this event that I'm making plans to wake up and take a look. Would you like to join me? 
In our area, if the skies are clear, we can expect to see the eclipse begin at ___________. 
The total phase of the lunar eclipse will last 55 minutes with the partial phases lasting about 1 hour and 9 minutes both before and after the total phase. (Please note the moon may disappear below the horizon before the eclipse is over, depending on your location.)

I'm especially excited about this lunar eclipse because it may have special spiritual significance. We are currently living in a series of four total lunar eclipses that may have been predicted in the Old and New Testaments of the Bible. If you'd like to know more about that, I'll have some information with me that night. Please feel free to ask me questions and I'll do my best to answer them. 
Let's make a fun neighborhood event of it! Please join me outside at (address/location: 
______________________________________________________________________. 
Let's keep it quiet to be respectful of those neighbors who do not wish to join us. 

BYO's! (Bring Your Own)

  • lawn chair
  • snugly blanket 
  • binoculars area  great way to view a lunar eclipse
  • Hot cocoa, cider, tea, or coffee. (No alcohol please.)


While you're at it, why not message your local Police Department. You can probably find an e-mail address to send a message like this:

As a courtesy I wanted to let you know that I have invited my neighbors to join me outside in the early morning hours of October 8, 2014, to watch the total lunar eclipse. You shouldn't get any phone calls because I've left an invitation at the door of all my neighbors so they should know what we're doing out there. But if you do get a call that people are standing around in my neighborhood that night, that's what we're up to.

Don't be surprised if you see a patrol car drive by or stop to join you. Invite the officers to stay for a little while and offer them a cup of hot cocoa.

Related Links:


FACEBOOK WATCH PARTY: If you haven't yet, please join my Facebook Event "Lunar Eclipse Watch Party!" for the second of the four "Blood Moons." You'll be able to post with other people who are also excited about this event. Plus get more helpful information about this lunar event. Please also invite your friends, family, neighbors to join the event. Go to "Lunar Eclipse Watch Party! - 2nd of the 4 Blood Moons" and click "Going." (Tweet that!)

Finally, here's a really interesting video from NASA about what we're going to see. (Tweet that!) Runs 4:10 minutes:




No comments:

Post a Comment