Thursday, March 20, 2014

They Hate Him Without Reason

Thanks Morguefile.com
Jesus, the perfectly loving God come in human flesh, never sinned. He never wronged anyone. Yes, he challenged many people including national leaders. But he was pointing out truth for their good. There was no reason to hate Jesus. Ever.

And yet some of the people and leaders hated Jesus. They hated him enough to kill him.

John, the close personal friend of Jesus, specifically stated this was a fulfillment of prophecy:

"But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason' " (John 15:25). (Tweet that!)

Where was this written in their Law? This prophecy of the hatred of Jesus was written in Psalm 69:4:

"Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me..."

There is another reference in Psalm 35:19:

"Let not those gloat over me who are my enemies without cause; let not those who hate me without reason maliciously wink the eye."

Even today many people carry a hatred for Jesus. They refuse to believe him. They refuse to obey him when his instructions are meant only for our good. Some hate him to such an extreme that they want to kill those who love him.

It's as true today as it was in Jesus' day: They hate him without reason. (Tweet that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment