In the natural world, meaning in nature, there are only three things than can cause the moon to appear red. Some societies in human history have called these a "blood moon."
While God is able to supernaturally cause anything He wants to happen, He most often uses the natural way of the creation which He created to do what He has in mind to do.
Knowing that, it's perfectly logical to believe that the coming natural phenomena of the four lunar eclipses which will cause the moon to appear red while naturally occurring could, at the same time, be spiritually significant. In other words, just because these eclipses are happening naturally and not supernaturally doesn't mean they are not spiritually or prophetically significant.
The moon and its orbit, as well as all the galaxy, was pre-arranged by God. And He knew from the beginning of creation that there would be a lunar eclipse on April 15, 2014.
In the natural realm, with no supernatural intervention, what can cause the moon to appear red?
|Thanks to www.Morguefile.com|
- when it is low in the sky, because of the effect of the earth's atmosphere;
- when there is smoke from a forest fire, ash from a volcano, or other debris in the air;
- and during a lunar eclipse, again because of the effect of the earth's atmosphere.
The first of the coming four lunar eclipses occurs next Tuesday, April 15th, on the first Feast of the LORD which is Passover. (Tweet that!)
Will you be watching the skies next Tuesday night? I will. What if it's cloudy? My bet is it won't be. Why would God hang a "sign" in the sky and then cover it with clouds so we couldn't see it? (Tweet that!)
I'll be watching. I hope you will too.
This article, "Lunar eclipse could doom NASA's LADEE moon orbiter" from CBSNews has information about the time we can see the lunar eclipse in the Western Hemisphere, including the United States.
Be awed. Be amazed at what God is doing this Passover night! (Tweet that!)
Who do you know who would like to know about this? Please share it with them. You may use the share buttons at the bottom of each post. Thank you.
In anticipation of the first of the four lunar eclipses occurring next week, we're covering some prophecies concerning red moons and other information important to understanding their significance. (Tweet that!) Here is the schedule of these posts. Please invite your friends or your entire church to join us:
- Day 10, April 9: The Moon as a Sign and the Prophesied Blood Red Moons
- Day 9, April 10: How the Jewish Calendar Works
- Day 8, April 11: The Prophetic Significance of the Feasts of the LORD
- Day 7, April 12: What Causes the Moon to Turn Red Like Blood?
- Day 6, April 14: "Tetrad" of Four Lunar Eclipses on Jewish Feast Days in the Past
- Day 5, April 15: The First Lunar Eclipse on Passover 2014 (and why I don't expect anything to happen that day.)