Saturday, November 29, 2014

Christmas Advent Day 1: And He Shall Be Called the Son of God (Video Post)

Welcome to Advent Season!

Advent means "coming," and in this season after Thanksgiving we look forward to the coming of the Messiah.

Of course this is the Bible Prophecies Fulfilled blog, and so this is an excellent time to remember the prophecies in the Bible that were fulfilled in the Advent of Jesus -- meaning the first coming of Jesus. (Tweet that!)

In the previous post I mentioned that I was planning something special for the Advent Season. There's a bit of a story behind it.

A few months ago I heard from a reader, Angela, who said this blog looked really interesting, and the topics looked intriguing, but she didn't have time to read all my posts. However, she pitched me a suggestion: Why didn't I put this information on my blog into videos? (Tweet that!)

I thought, What? Me? On video?!

Yikes.

I'll admit the idea was a bit intimidating. Nevertheless I did think it was a good idea. So I'm giving it a try.

Through this Advent Season, between now and Christmas, I'm planning a series of short videos about some of the Bible prophecies fulfilled in the birth of Jesus.

Since I post three times a week -- on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays -- that gives us twelve posts between now and Christmas.

And here (double Yikes!) is the first one.

In this little video I talk about the prophecy from Isaiah that says Jesus would be called the Son of God.  (Tweet that!) The references I use are:

  • Isaiah 7:14 Please note Isaiah worked as a prophet in Israel from 740 B.C. until at least 681 B.C.. So his prophecy was given 700+ years before Jesus was born!
  • Luke 1:35 When the angel Gabriel gave Mary the news that she would give birth to the Christ child, he also told her that her Son would be called the Son of the Most High.
Enjoy the video: (Angela, this is for you!)



I hope you enjoyed hearing me on video! If you did, please invite your friends, contacts, and family to join us too. (Tweet that!)

I'll see you next time for Day 2 in our 12 days for Christmas Advent.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Dianne. I'm so proud of you. You just might inspire me to video log too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! Thanks, Kathy! I would love it if you did. If you do, come back here and let us know. Leave a link where to find your video.

      Delete