Thursday, February 19, 2015

What Legacy Are You Leaving Behind? -- Plus Easter Moments Countdown Days 39 & 38

End Times Eyewitness,
the DVD Walt loaned me
which I plan to tell you more
about in coming posts on this blog.
Today I want to tell you about Walt. Maybe you have a "Walt" in your life too. Walt sat directly in front of me and my family in church. A large man, he blocked my view of the Pastor and pulpit so I would have to lean right or left to look around him to see the Pastor as he speaks his sermon. But sitting close to Walt was enjoyable because I could hear his deep baritone voice as he sang the hymns.

After church Walt and I would have some great conversations. Walt loved prophecy as much as I do, and prophecy had a big impact in Walt's life like it has mine. And so every Sunday morning we would talk about what we'd seen going on in the world that week that matched up with Bible prophecy. Walt would often write down on pieces of paper web sites he'd been exploring and he'd bring those to me to check out. As a matter of fact I have two of those pieces of paper laying here on my desks right now. We'd talk about the prophecy books we were reading or the DVDs we'd seen that week. Often we would loan each other books and DVDs.

As a matter of fact, only last month Walt loaned me a DVD that so impacted me I immediately ordered a copy for myself so I could return his. The DVD is End Times Eyewitness: Israel, Islam and the Unfolding Signs of Messiah's Return by Joel Richardson and I've been planning to glean some quotations from that DVD to share with you here on the blog. I just haven't got that far yet.

Walt and I had one of those great conversations about prophecy the Sunday before last, on February 8th. Which is why it was such a shock to get a phone call that following Thursday, February 12, telling us Walt had gone home to be with the Lord. Just that quick he was gone. (Probably a heart attack, though we don't know yet.)

Last Sunday our Sunday school leader told us the topic we'll be studying next: the book by Jonathan Cahn, The Mystery of the Shemitah. Walt gave that book to our Sunday school leader who had planned to have Walt in the class to help answer questions, guide us, etc. Now the class inspired by Walt will go on, but Walt won't be there.

Sunday there was this big empty space in front of me where Walt usually sits. On my couch, beside where I do my daily Bible reading, lays a book, The Islamic Antichrist by Joel Richardson, and another DVD about the Bible book of Daniel by Perry Stone -- the most-recent loaners from Walt.

Today, even though it's Thursday, we're at the church. Today we're attending a celebration of Walt's life. There's a lot to celebrate.

I can only try to imagine what it's like where Walt is right now. He is with the Lord Jesus Christ, experiencing the promise of eternal life which is for all those (and only those) who are believers in Jesus. (Tweet that!) I believe Walt now knows all the answers -- about where we are in God's timeline of the End Times, of what's going on with Russia, what God has planned for those evil men who have beheaded our brothers in Christ, and so much more.

For the rest of us who are still here, Walt left a great legacy. He taught many people like me a lot--probably more than he knew. He lived a life that honored the Lord Jesus Christ. He lived for Jesus right up to the very end. And the impact he left on many lives encouraging us in these End Times and strengthening our faith in Jesus continues on.

For me, it's a great time to ponder what legacy I'm leaving behind. What about you? (Tweet that!) My hope is that I'll do as well as Walt.



Easter Moments:

No comments:

Post a Comment