Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas Advent Day 4: Was Jesus Born on the Feast of Tabernacles? (Video Post)

I hope you're enjoying this Christmas video series as we look forward to the coming of Jesus, the Christ.

If you've missed any previous Christmas Advent posts, you'll find links to the previous Days at the bottom of the page.

You've probably heard that, while we celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December, most likely Jesus was not born on that day. But I think I know which day Jesus was born on! (Tweet that!)

Today I'm going to tell you how I came to the conclusion that Jesus may have been born on the Feast of Tabernacles. (Tweet that!) Now that, as you might imagine, takes a bit of explaining! So I hope you'll hang in there with me through the explanation. I think it's all fascinating so I hope you'll find it worthwhile.

Why would it carry any significance if God had Jesus be born on the Feast of Tabernacles? Because "tabernacle" means dwelling place, so wouldn't it be fitting if God came to dwell among people on the Feast that celebrates God dwelling among people? (Tweet that!)

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth (John 1:14, NIV).

Furthermore, if Jesus was born on the Feast of Tabernacles, then He may have been conceived during the Jewish celebration of Hanukkah! (Tweet that!) Hanukkah is the Festival of Lights, and Jesus was the Light of the World who was coming into the world. Cool, huh?

The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world (John 1:9, NIV).

This year Hanukkah begins the evening of December 16 and it's 8 Days of Hanukkah, runs through Christmas Eve, December 24.

Want to know more? It's all here in this video. Enjoy!



Scripture verses in the Bible I reference in this video are:


Related Articles: 

No comments:

Post a Comment