Thursday, July 16, 2015

What might happen on the "9th of Av" = July 25, 2015 - Part 1

El Shaddai Ministries Biblical Calendar
Something significant concerning Israel may well happen on July 25, 2015.  (Tweet that!)

As I've studied the 9th of Av and what has happened in Jewish history on that date, it doesn't seem to be too wild to think something significant might happen concerning Israel on the 9th of Av this year. (Tweet that!)

This year the 9th of Av on the Jewish calendar corresponds to July 25, 2015, on our calendar. (Tweet that!) (Remember that a Jewish day actually begins at sundown the evening before, that would be July 24, and ends sundown which would be July 25.)

When I say something might happen concerning Israel on July 25, 2015, I am not thinking it will be something big and headline-grabbing, like the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, in the United States. (Tweet that!)

Rather, I'm thinking something that most people might not even know is going on, unless they are really paying attention. (Tweet that!) I'm basing this on previous happenings on the 9th of Av in history.

There were major events taking place, but I'm not sure most people in the world knew they were happening or would have recognized them as major events had they known of them:
  • Adolf Hitler signs some papers.
  • A train leaves the Warsaw Ghetto…
I'll list more of these 9th of Av happenings in history in the next post.

But today as I look around the world at what is happening, one thing that leaps out at me is the deal negotiated with Iran. It was signed by U.S. leaders early Tuesday morning, July 14, 2015.

That doesn't mean it's a done deal though. The U.S. Congress has 60 days to review the agreement. I'm not clear on what that means. "Review" is far different than "approve" or "vote down." So what if Congress "reviews" it? If Congress disapproves it, can that stop it?

Currently, as I write this, President Obama is saying he will veto anything that doesn't approve the deal.

Back in April news sources announced U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and other world leaders had agreed to a framework for a peace deal.
At the end of my April 11, 2015, post I wondered this: 
Well I was off a little. The deal was made July 14, 2015, not July 25th – still 10 days until the 9th of Av, July 25th. God is never off even a little bit. His timing is always 100% perfect. Considering the 60-day review by Congress, that skips over the 9th of Av by a couple months.

Could there be something else concerning Israel that could occur on the 9th of Av this year that I'm not foreseeing? Or is this not the year?

In the next post we'll look at some of the occurrences concerning Israel that have happened in the past on the 9th of Av.

Related Article:


1 comment: