Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Friday's Total Solar Eclipse at the North Pole Extremely Rare

Solar Eclipse public photo from NASA
While I was reviewing my previously posted article for today, I re-discovered something I'd forgotten: the partial solar eclipse last April was visible only in southern parts of the world, such as Australia.

I didn't realize something last spring when I wrote that article because I hadn't yet learned something else: Friday's total solar eclipse will be seen at the exact opposite end of the earth. Isn't that fascinating?

I learned that Friday's solar eclipse will be visible at the North Pole only recently. And according to the article I read that in, that is very rare. I'll share that article below as well.

This week, rather than re-writing the ton of information I've already researched and written on solar eclipses, I'm re-sharing those articles. So please take a few moments to click over to the articles I'm sharing this week to review and remember what we've learned previously (I'm amazed at how much I'd forgotten):

Here is my article about last April's solar eclipse:


Here is the article I discovered just this past week. It has some really fascinating information about the rarity of Friday's eclipse:


Does it feel to you like for Friday's total solar eclipse at the North Pole it's as if God is looking down over the whole earth? 

Tweetables:


See what's "Exceedingly Rare" about Friday's #SolarEclipse here: #DarkSun  (Tweet that!)

One #SolarEclipse was at the south end of the world. Friday's will be at the North Pole! #DarkSun Learn more!  (Tweet that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment